Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hello everyone! 

Sorry for the lapse in blog entries. Our training schedule has picked up, and, at times, I feel like I'm back in high school - homework, presentations, power points, field trips, and group work galore. It's tedious at times, but I am really enjoying the parts of training tailored toward the Youth & Families volunteers. Peace Corps has a partnership with a couple of the schools in the surrounding area, and so, during the past week, I've had the opportunity to work with a class of 7th graders on a couple of different occasions. It's been so great to get out of the training center and into the community, to be reminded of why I'm here in Ecuador. Some of the lessons have gone well, and others not. Luckily for me, kids are pretty forgiving, and I've found they're the most willing to correct me when I butcher their language...something I hope they'll have to do less and less of in the following weeks. 



That's really all I have to share for now, but since no blog post is complete without a picture of the mountains, I'll leave you with this photo that I took on my walk home tonight. This country is so incredibly beautiful.






















Thanks so much for reading and for keeping in touch. I love getting news from home, and for those of you waiting for a response to an email, you'll have it by the end of the weekend! Also, I received my first piece of snail mail today (thanks, Mom!), and it looks like it only takes about two weeks to get to me. If you're interested in sending mail the old fashioned way, my address is on the left side bar of this blog. =)

Buenas noches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment